RAW VEGAN BANANA GINGER COCONUT MILK
* This plant based milk is incredible. I have made plain coconut milk before, however I wanted to give the drink a little more sweetness, unique flavor, and extra nutrients, so I added some banana (for more sweet) and ginger (flavor & nutrients).
1. whole coconut
3. raw ginger root
(Ingredients can always be substituted, for example if you only have powdered ginger, use that! I try to use whole, unprocessed ingredients as much as possible.)
My apologies, I did not film an instructional video, I will make a video soon!
STEPS: (Makes 1 large glass of coconut milk)
1. Drain the juice from a coconut into a container.
2. Cut out all of the coconut "meat" from the coconut shell.
3. BLEND VERY WELL, THE LONGER THE BETTER:
-ALL of the coconut meat
-1 banana (or more if you want more of a banana flavor, I like to retain the coconut taste)
- About a thumbnail's size of ginger root (or more if you prefer a strong ginger taste)
-1/2 cup water (roughly around this much if the mixture is too thick for the blender & needs to be thinned, just be sure & do not add too much water, probably not more than 1 cup of regular water per coconut)
4. STRAIN the mixture, I use a wet, white towel, or any straining cloth. I wet the towel so the "milk" from the mixture will move through the towel & into the cup easier.
Place the straining cloth over a large glass, carefully pour blended mixture into the cloth, then squeeze the milk out into the glass.
5. SAVE THE SUPER TASTY LEFT OVER COCONUT PULP, FOR A YUMMY & HEALTHY TOPPING ON SALADS & FRUITS!
I have to say, this turned out SOOOO DELICIOUS, absolutely worth the effort!
HOMEMADE PLANT MILKS ARE THE HEALTHIEST WAY TO GO, THEY DO NOT CONTAIN ANY ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS AS MOST STORE BOUGHT PLANT MILKS DO. *THIS IS NOT A REASON TO CONTINUE USING COW MILK...STORE BOUGHT PLANT MILKS ARE STILL MUCH HEALTHIER THAN COW OR GOAT MILK.
HOMEMADE IS THE BEST!